Thursday, September 30, 2010

I should really know better than to read the comments section on the TU's political stories. It is no way a representative sample of the population. It's people who are politically engaged, and I suspect, people who are affiliated with the campaigns but who do not identify themselves as such.

Anyway. Since I already made the mistake of reading this one, I'll also comment on it.

Fred Dicker is not the issue. I don't care who he is biased for or biased against. Frankly, I don't pay any attention to the guy. It seems unlikely that Dicker himself had anything to do with any supposed out-of-line photographers, but I'll certainly reconsider it if turns out that he did.

The issue is, every one of us needs to think of a situation in which we might have a disagreement with a Governor Paladino. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with something, even if you support the guy. And in that scenario, this is what you can expect. Heated threats. A fat slab of a guy getting in your face and making you the issue, instead of whatever the original disagreement was.

If that's your idea of a functioning governor's office, then I'm not sure what is left to discuss. We're going to discuss issues after that? Almost seems irrelevant.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/32350/the-manhandling-in-bolton-landing/

No comments:

Post a Comment